Thursday, April 30, 2009
Watch Out! Miss Piggy is mad!
She put on her best dress and she's looking for a new boyfriend. Yeah, she finally got it. Kermit wasn't a match for her. You know, pig, frog, DNA issues. Thing is she's looking for a human partner and that's just a no can do. They've called her many things, the last of them being the Swine Flu, so, to avoid to being caught unaware, just follow some simple rules. You know you don't want to get caught in her arms.
1. Don't sneeze or cough in your hands or in open air. Use a disposable handkerchief or a fabric one and wash it as soon as you can. If you don't have one, just use your sleeve.
2. Wash your hands before and after eating.
3. Wave your hand to welcome people. Kissing, hand shaking, the horror!, hugging, are off-limits.
4. Wash your hands after using the keyboard, cellphone, or any of those things that get hold of any virus and bacteria you're carrying in your hands; much better if you clean all of these devices regularly.
5. If you have the common flu, be wise and stay put, don't go to crowded places (unless you're going to the hospital, of course). You don't want to be the epicenter of some mass hysteria.
6. Try not to touch your face with your hands. Sucking thumbs, scratching noses, rubbing eyes, just hold them back. Go to your bathroom, wash your hands and, then, feel free to do it. Afterwards, wash your hands again.
7. Don't share glasses, food from the same plate, spoons, forks, etc, etc.
8. Did we mention to wash your hands? That's the best way to keep Miss Piggy away. So wash them whenever you can. They will look beautiful after a while.
So, take care of yourselves. Sing a song and go back to basic hygiene. It's simple and it can be fun. Yeah, maybe a little annoying, but it's worth it.